Virginia EMS Campus, USA
APEM(APPA-EMHS) at a Glance
Founded: Opening soon!
• APPA IS is founded by APPA (Action for Peace through Prayer and Aid), a UN Economic and Social Council Consultative NGO member. APPA IS is affiliated with EMS (Eastern Mennonite School, VA, USA), founded in 1917 and accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) since 1957 and Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS) since 2002.
• Located inside Seoul Metropolitan City near by Guri City, APEM is part of an urban community in the heart of Guri City. It is very close to the borderline between Seoul and Guri City, South Korea.
• APPA School - 6-8:
• Dormitory based. But homestay arranged by the APPA IS Boarding Coordinator for up to 15 international students.
Teacher/Student Ratio: 1:12
• Certified teachers, many who hold master's degrees and are involved in profession-related associations, leadership and hobbies.
• Learning support services and tutoring options are offered to students who need academic assistance.
• Athletics: interscholastic sports - 7 for boys, 7 for girls; 24 teams
• Drama: At least 3 productions per school year
• Music: Jr. & Sr. Choirs, Touring Choir (auditioned) Chamber Choir (auditioned), Strings, Winds, Jazz, Full Orchestra
• Experiential Education: Curricular-based trip enrichment program occurs each Spring and every other summer.
• APPA IS offers limited financial aid based on family need as calculated by a third party.
APPA IS does not discriminate on the basis of any race, color, handicap, national or ethnic origin, and admits students to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
APEM Seoul Metropolitan Campus, South Korea
EASTERN MENNONITE SCHOOL
INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL SEOUL METROPOLITAN AREA, KOREA